I have challenged myself to create a keto/low-carb brownie that was moist and remained moist after it was cooled. I have wasted a lot of ingredients on brownies that resembled dust or tasted like a chocolate cookie. Until…. this delightful experiment produced a yummy treat that I can finally be happy with.
This recipe is non-dairy. However, if you would prefer to use butter, my guess is that it would work. Let me know if you try it and it does.
I use three types of sweeteners in this recipe to produce the texture I was looking for, as well as the sweetness.
Hope you enjoy it!!
Ketoish “Ooey-Gooey” Brownie
- ½ cup plant butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 oz Baker's Chocolate, unsweetened
- ¼ cup Swerve, golden
- ¼ cup Swerve, granular
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cup almond flour, fine
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chocalate chips, Lily's
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8×8" cake pan.
- In small sauce pan over low to medium heat, melt plant butter and chocolate.
- Add Swerve golden and granular and continue to stir until sugars are melted. Add vanilla.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool a bit before stirring in eggs.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, Swerve confectioners, baking powder and sea salt. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE if you want ooey-gooey brownies.
- Let cool before cutting.
Leave a Reply