I was the 4-H bread girl in High School. Making yeast breads were my specialty. So, embracing the Keto lifestyle and cooking with alternative flours has been a challenge. This recipe almost captures the delight of a great burger roll. I have added a tablespoon of xanthan to help with stability when eating a juicy burger.
Keto Yeasty Hamburger Rolls
- mixer, burger roll pan (I like these: https://www.amazon.com/Funshowcase-Silicone-6-Cavity-Chocolate-Sandwiches/dp/B07PQCFGP4/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=4+inch+round+silicone+mold&qid=1580593393&sr=8-2)
- ¼ cup warm water, 110°F
- 2¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cups almond flour
- ½ cup golden ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 4" mold pans. (If you can try making the buns on parchment paper. If the dough is too soft to mold, add a little more almond flour.)
- In a small measuring cup, proof the yeast by combining water, yeast, and sugar and allowing it to sit for 5 to 15 minutes.
- In a larger mixer bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid), combine all dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.)
- With the mixer running, add the eggs and apple cider vinegar. Allow it to mix well.
- Add yeast mixture. "Knead" the dough for about a minute or two. Then allow the dough to rest about 5 minutes in the bowl.
- Divide dough evenly into 12 rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.