Packing lunch never got any easier. I used egg whites from a carton to cut time and calories. You are going to love serving these to your family and friends.
Keto Yeasty Bagels
- Jumbo Donut pan (I like these https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Baking-Silicone-Non-Stick-Perfect/)
- ½ cup warm water, 110°
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 cups almond flour
- ½ cup golden ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1 tbsp bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two jumbo donut pans.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let proof for at 5 to 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl (I use a Kitchen Aid), combine dry ingredients: almond flour, flax meal, baking soda, and sea salt.
- With the mixer running, add apple cider vinegar, egg whites, and yeast proof. Allow dough to knead about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Sprinkle top with bagel seasoning. Transfer to oven and bake 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bagels in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then transfer to wire rack until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container.