This is a basic recipe that you can add spices, adjust sweeteners to taste and make delightful goodies for your non-dairy Keto friends and family.
Keto Moist Vanilla Coconut Cake – Non-Dairy
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup erythritol sweetener, powdered Swerve
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 oz coconut yogurt, plain (Kite Hill)
- 2 pkg non-dairy cream cheese (Kite Hill, 8 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk, vanilla flavored
- 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener, powdered Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 6” cake pans or line cupcake pans with liners. This recipe makes 6 jumbo cupcakes.
- In a large bowl add some of the ingredients:
1 cup coconut flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1 ½ cup erythritol sweetener,
- In a second bowl, (or stand up mixer bowl), beat together until
pale and fluffy (3 – 5 minutes):
¾ cup butter-flavored coconut oil 1 ½ cup erythritol sweetener,
- Beat in eggs ONE AT A TIME, beating well after each
- Add yogurt and vanilla.
1 ½ tsp vanilla 5 oz. coconut yogurt, plain (Kite Hill)
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the coconut flour mixture and blend until just smooth.
- Spoon evenly into pans (or cupcake liners) to about 2/3 full.
- Bake until pale golden and a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Approximately 20 minutes for cakes and 12 – 15 minutes for cupcakes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on racks. Run a knife around edge to loosen cake and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Make frosting. Beat together until fluffy:
2 (8 oz) pkg non-dairy cream cheese 1/2 cup butter-flavored coconut oil 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk
- Slowly add sweetener at medium speed and beat until smooth.
⅓ – ½ cup erythritol sweetener, powdered (Swerve)
- Once cake is cool, assemble and frost.