I want to know Him. I know Him some. But I want to know Him more. Like facets on a diamond, intricately cut, sparkling in the sunshine creating twinkles in my soul.
There is no limit to the ocean of His love for me. I want to figure out how to remove the limits of my love for Him because the more I know Him the more I love Him.
I want to know Him as God.
- I want to know Him in His majesty.
- I want to know Him in the beauty of His holiness.
- I want to know Him as The Creator,… My Creator.
- I want to know Him as the One in charge.
I want to know Him as the Father.
- I want to know Him as the One who takes care of me.
- I want to know Him as the place where I can go and find a lap to crawl in.
- I want to know Him in wisdom that guides me, corrects me, keeps on the path.
I want to know Him as the Holy Spirit.
- I want to know Him as my constant companion, my precious friend.
- I want to know Him as my teacher.
- I want to know Him as the whisper in my soul.
But today, my heart is longing to know Him as the man, Jesus.
- Even the mention of His name makes my heart skip a beat.
- He is my King. Who cares about the opinion of man, when I have the King calling me His?
- He is my Bridegroom. He loves me – just as I am … full of weaknesses, imperfections, moodiness, good days and bad.
- He is my Judge. He keeps me sharp showing me stuff that would come between us.
- But that is not what is important to me. I want to know Him. I want to know what He likes, what He doesn’t like. What does He do for fun? What makes him laugh? What is He feeling? What is He saying? I want to listen. I want to hang on His every word.
- I want to know Him as God incarnate. How did He do this God-Human thing?
I want to know Him in His “WHOLE”ness.
I want to look into His eyes and see Him.
I want to touch His feet that have the nail scars. Can I wash them with my tears?
I want to grasp His hand. I want to rest my head on His heart and feel the rhythm on my cheek.
Do you know Him?
What can you tell me about Him? What can you show me? I will tell you what I know and you can tell me what you know and together we can know Him better.