It seems that I find myself climbing a lot these days from my routine existence in the natural, past the yucky second heaven, to gain God’s perspective from the balcony of the third heaven. We live in a fallen world with broken people.
Being slapped in the face with the reminder that “the battle is not against flesh and blood but against…. spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” Gal 6:12 caused me to once again pull the chunk of wood out of my eye to be able to see from the vantage point of the King. Stepping out of my current circumstances, deciding to not be emotional in my response to situations, but to observe life in the natural through the lens of eternity, I pause with soberness to realize the truth – about me, about my world. It is not the truth from my broken perceptions but Truth from the One whose eyes burn with fire.
As I step through the threshold out on the balcony I see:
- The battle belongs to the Lord. It is not by our power or by our might but by the Spirit that we will overcome.
- We don’t battle people. The conflict is with demonic entities that are looking for a host.
- Humility is a choice. Even when our heart is screaming on the inside to be seen and heard, to choose to respond in humility on the outside makes a way for the Lord to release favor.
- To not be offended is a choice. It is to God’s glory to overlook an offense. But if being without offense is beyond willful choice, denial is not an option. Matthew 18 is a must to preserve unity in the body of Christ and spiritual alignment in you.
- As God’s ambassadors on this earth, we have authority. We choose to walk in it.
- Repentance from sin and twisted thinking unlocks greater authority.
- We have not because we ask not. God knows what we need, even what we want – our desires, our whims. Sometimes He delights in surprising us, but it is a law of God, a principle of spiritual dynamics, to ask for it. We must speak light and life into the battle in prayer:
Prayer from the Balcony:
Lord, I honor Your name. I bless Your beautiful name.
I agree with the angels “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is and is to come.”
“Thy Kingdom Come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Release to us- righteousness, peace and joy.
Let us walk into the fullness of our Salvation in our body, soul, spirit.
Lord, release unto us the spirit of wisdom and revelation. Teach us the Fear of the Lord.
I humbly come before you and repent for my sins and the sins of my spheres – my family, my church, my city, my nation. I plead the cleansing blood of Jesus over the sins that separates us from a Holy God. I expose legal ground that has come in because of self-righteousness and pride. I ask that You sanctify us, Lord, unto You and Your purpose. Purify our minds, our hearts, our wills, our emotions. Test us and cleanse us from hidden sins. Release your salt and light into us that we can bring flavor, preservation and guidance to others.
By the authority of the name of Jesus, I bind the spirits of darkness in my life and in my spheres. I repent for coming into agreement with these principalities and curses. I say the Lord rebukes You.
I apply the blood of Jesus to our minds, our hearts, our souls, our strength, our wills, our spirits, our bodies. I plead the blood of Jesus over our inheritance, our giftings, our callings, our ministries, our purpose, our finances, our relationships, our futures.
I declare, you Lord Jesus, go before us to make crooked paths straight. No weapon formed against me, or my spheres, will prosper. I declare that you, O Lord, are a wall of fire surrounding us consuming the attacks of the enemy against us and that your glory is in our belly rising up flooding the soil of our soul with righteousness.
It is by the authority of the name of Jesus and the blood of the cross, I intercede. AMEN.
Leave a Reply