If you want to remember your dreams, here are some tips.
1) Tell yourself, “I believe my dreams contain a valuable message.”
Many people do not value their dreams. But if you truly believe that your dreams mean something and that they are important, that God is speaking to you while you sleep, you will signal your heart, or your spirit, that you want to hear what it has to say and your spirit will awaken you after each dream so that you can recall it.
2) Ask God to speak to you in your dreams as you are falling asleep.
God is a spirit. He speaks spirit to spirit with us while we sleep when we are more open to hearing His voice. While we dream, we can have assistance from the One who never slumbers or sleeps to work through the issues of our life. He really does care about our character and can get past the masks that we wear during the day to show us truths about ourselves in the reflective mirror of our dreams. When we pray according to His will, He really does hear and answer.
“Holy Spirit, I ask that you would encounter me as I sleep.
Open the realm of revelation in my life.
Speak to me in Your loving voice
and help me to hear and understand what You are showing me.
Help me to remember my dream messages from You. In Jesus Name, AMEN.”
3) Show God you value the messages, by journaling.
It has been said that dreams are written with invisible ink. A great way to chronicle these messages from God, to show Him that you value His communication, is to keep a dream journal.
The important things to record are:
- What is the date and time of the dream?
- If I were to title this dream, what would it be?
- Am I in the dream or just watching it?
- Where is the dream happening?
- Is the dream in color?
- How did I feel in the dream?
- Who is in the dream?
- Were there any objects, animals, or numbers that stood out?
- Obviously, what is happening?
Do you have a dream that has been puzzling you? Did you write it down?
Would you like help in figuring out its message?
Share it with us at Awaken to Love on our contact form and we will give you insight to unlocking the message from God.
#2 in Dream Speak Series. To learn more about dreams, go to #3 in Dream Speak, “Pizza or God.”